How to Use People to Activate Your Employer Brand
What’s the best source of talent attraction at your company? Chances are it’s your own employees. This week, we’re speaking to a pharma giant has a strong human focus in its employer brand activation.
John Graham Jr. is the Global Talent Acquisition Social & Digital Strategy Lead at Merck. In this episode, he shares his journey with the company, the culture inside the organization, the EVP used in all employer communications. We also learn why John believes personal branding is so important for employer branding, where he thinks employer branding is heading in the future and what tech stack he uses on a daily basis.
Have a listen to the interview below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- What the culture is all about at Merck, and why the term ‘Inventiveness’ is important.
- What talent challenges Merck face on a daily basis and why they combat this.
- How Merck formulated their employer brand strategy from ideation to execution.
- What the terms ‘Invent’, ‘Impact’ and ‘Inspire’ mean to Merck.
- What Merck’s 4 EVP pillars are.
- What’s unique about Merck’s EVP.
- How Merck activates their EVP.
- What is John’s tech stack when it comes to winning at employer branding.
- What John’s top 3 tips for employer brand managers are.
- What’s next for employer branding in general, according to John’s crystal ball!
Connect with John on LinkedIn.